Wecome!

This is all new to me! Don't know how well I will be able to keep it up, but I am going to give it a try!
A special thanks to JK for making me this awesome banner! You're the best!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dark Shadows' entry!


I didn’t want to go, but my parents insisted there would be great opportunities in the new world and our family would regain the status they once had. I was different from other girls. I kept to myself. I was 21 and still not married or engaged to be married, that was odd for 1772. Not that I didn’t have any pursuers, they just bored me to death, literally. I was odd. My mother worried about me. We lived near the sea, the one good thing about living here that I enjoyed. At twilight I often took walks down by the boats and breathed in the salty water. My mother hated these walks; “No respectable young lady should be walking alone at that hour!” she would complain. Respectable? I would think to myself, what exactly does that mean?
The air was damp and a fog was drifting in from the sea this particular evening. A newly arrived ship from Europe was docked close by. I saw movement; a man emerged from the shadows of the ship. I did not fear him and kept walking in that direction. I recognized what he was, his glowing eyes, I have heard the tall tales of these creatures. I was drawn to him as he descended down the dock. He was standing there before me, staring into my eyes. He started to walk away and I followed. He lead me to this old building, most likely an abandoned home. He lit some candles and started the fire.
I was caught up in the moment, was this a dream? I wanted him. We did not speak; the only sound was the beating of my heart as it pressed against my chest. I did not feel any pain only ecstasy. I wanted what he could give me. The sun rose and I awoke alone. That night I walked away from that seaside town and never returned. I payed a high price for that night of passion…I am eternally dammed!

No comments: