Wecome!

This is all new to me! Don't know how well I will be able to keep it up, but I am going to give it a try!
A special thanks to JK for making me this awesome banner! You're the best!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Before I say I do entry




Valerie
It has been days since I last saw Samuel and experienced that awkward moment. I can’t stop thinking about his piercing grey eyes looking at me. I can’t sleep. I get the article done about his band. It is a good and positive article, though it is out of my comfort zone. A couple of more days go by, no word. I guess I was wrong about the look he gave me; maybe it was just one of his methods on wooing women. Since it didn’t work on me, I guess he gave up. I must get him out of my mind.

Samuel
I get home the night after walking Valerie home. I am too restless. What is it about her that I find so appealing? She is like my polar opposite; we have nothing in common, still? I don’t leave my house for days, I sit by my guitar strumming notes and writing words. It helps to ease my tension, to sort out my feelings. I am having a hard time getting the song right. A couple of days later someone drops off the article that Valerie wrote. Her words are so sweet to me. I am full of emotions…those eyes…I can’t sleep.

Valerie
I am at the office. Flowers are delivered for some lucky girl, which happens to be me? There is a note, it reads: Valerie, Thank you so much for the nice article you wrote about my band. It is greatly appreciated. We have a gig coming up this weekend and I would really like it if you could come. I have a new song and your opinion would mean so much you me. Hoping to see you soon, Samuel
I decide to go.
I have no idea about these things. What do I wear? How am I supposed to look? I find myself with a bed full of clothes thrown on it. I decide to wear a cute sundress, yes a dress! So not me. And to top it off I am actually going to wear a heel! It gets better, like a robot in motion and without thinking; I put on eye shadow and lipstick! I get out the curling iron and make my hair full and flowing. What am I doing!? What the heck, only live once, right?

Samuel
My nerves are shot. I have played a thousand gigs, why should this one be any different? Besides she might not even show. We are ready to start our set; we do one song, two songs, finally out of the corner of my eye she walks in. She is beautiful, my knees are weak. It is time for our last song. It is our new song, a ballad. The moment of truth, I begin and sing, never taking my eyes off of her. My heart is pounding.

Valerie
The place is dark and musty and smells of beer. I order a glass of wine and sit down at a small table in the back. I don’t want to be noticed. His songs are good, I have to admit. I get engrossed in his music and voice and the night flies by. They are up to their last song and the set will be over. What then? The song has a slow melody, I feel his eyes on me and I look up. The song is for me. My heart can’t stop pounding. He is done and walks off the stage and starts in my direction, I rise and walk towards him.


Samuel
I look into her eyes, say nothing and reach my arms toward her. The smell of her hair sends shivers through my soul. She is mine.

Valerie
He reaches towards me, I feel his soft embrace. His breath on my neck sends shivers through my soul. He is mine.






here is the links to the first 2 entry for some background:










1 comment:

Hume Pine said...

Such an adorable couple <3