Wecome!

This is all new to me! Don't know how well I will be able to keep it up, but I am going to give it a try!
A special thanks to JK for making me this awesome banner! You're the best!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Dark Sadowz-assignment 2


First blood



I started walking, not really sure where I was going. All I knew was that I had to get out of the seaside town. I stayed along the shore but soon realized the hard way that there wasn’t much cover from the burning rays of the sun in the day. It was a close call. After that I made my way inland towards the forest. At first I stayed on the roads, walking aimlessly. My blood burned. Days go by, I find shelter in the forest during the day, I do not sleep. One evening a carriage comes down the road and stops. They ask if I need assistance, I cannot look at them and I keep walking. There is a sweet smell in the air. A gentleman emerges from the wagon and asks me my name as he approaches me. What is that thumping sound? My blood burns. I am afraid and run into the forest, deeper and deeper. There is no longer a road that I follow. There is no sense of time. The pains in my stomach are unbearable. What have I done? A creature stirs in the forest and catches my interest. Maybe a way out of the inevitable I think to myself. I hunt the rabbit and to my surprise capture it quite easily. The smell of its blood is retched and I throw it back to the forest. I am in pain. My blood burns.
Days, weeks, I don’t even know. A small path emerges in the forest, I follow it. I hear laughing and music in the distance. I catch a whiff of a sweet smelling aroma. I head towards it. In the clearing I come across a Tavern, inside full of people. At first I thought my heart was beating, but realized it was not my own. Perhaps some nice raw meat will kill my pain. I enter the Tavern and look around. My eyes meet the eyes of a gentleman enjoying a drink and meal. At first we were frozen a moment in time in each other’s gaze. Then without thought, I lunged at him with a force and strength I didn’t recognize. Screaming there was screaming everywhere. The noise pierced my ears. Everything happened so quickly. Then the screaming stopped and the Tavern was quiet. All were dead. My pain was gone. My blood no longer burned. The Courtney I once knew was gone.

No comments: